- Chair, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- George N. and Soteria Kledaras ’87 Endowed Chair Professor
- P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Lehigh University,, Bethlehem. Pennsylvania
- Adjunct member, SCE&S, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
- Adjunct member, Faculty ITS, University of Pannonia, Hungary
- Visiting Professor, Dept. Management Sciences, Strathclyde University, Glasgow, Scotland
Prior to his appointment at Lehigh U., Prof. Terlaky has taught at Eötvös U., Budapest, Hungary; Delft University of Technology, Delft, Netherlands; McMaster U., ON, Canada. At McMaster he also served as the founding Director of the School of Computational Engineering and Science.
Prof. Terlaky has published four books, edited over ten books and journal special issues and published over 160 research papers. Topics include theoretical and algorithmic foundations of operations research (e.g., invention of the criss-cross method), design and analysis of large classes of interior point methods, computational optimization, worst case examples of the central path, nuclear reactor core reloading optimization, oil refinery and VLSI design optimization and robust radiation therapy treatment optimization.
Prof. Terlaky is Founding Editor-in-Chief of the journal, Optimization and Engineering. He has served as associate editor of eight journals and has served as conference chair, conference organizer, and distinguished invited speaker at conferences all over the world. He is general Chair of the INFORMS 2015 Annual Meeting, a former Chair of INFORMS’ Optimization Society, Chair of the ICCOPT Steering Committee of the Mathematical Optimization Society and Fellow of the Fields Institute. He received the MITACS Mentorship Award for his distinguished Ph.D. student supervisory record. His research interest includes high performance optimization methods, optimization modeling and optimization problems in engineering sciences.