Continuous Optimization, (Fair) Machine Learning, Stochastic Optimization, Multi-Objective Optimization.
Submitted & Published papers:
- S. Liu and L. N. Vicente (2022). Convergence rates of the stochastic alternating algorithm for bi-objective optimization. (submitted)
- S. Liu and L. N. Vicente (2021). The Sharpe predictor for fairness in machine learning. (pre-print)
- S. Liu and L. N. Vicente. (2022). A stochastic alternating balance k-means algorithm for fair clustering. to appear in Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence.
- S. Liu and L. N. Vicente. (2022). Accuracy and fairness trade-offs in machine learning: A stochastic multi-objective approach. to appear in Computational Management Science.
- S. Liu and L. N. Vicente. (2021). The stochastic multi-gradient algorithm for multi-objective optimization and its application to supervised machine learning. Annals of Operations Research.
- Mix Integer Nonlinear Programming in Deep Learning.
- MPhil thesis: Geometric Algorithm in slicing procedure of Rapid Prototyping Process (3D Printing Process). See A new adaptive slicing algorithm based on slice contour reconstruction in Layered Manufacturing process for references.
- Undergraduate Final Year Project: Resource Monitoring Tool in the Software Resource Platform Based on Ulteo (Linux OS) remote virtual desktop.