Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering
I am widely interested in Nonlinear Optimization. Currently, I am working with Frank E. Curtis and Albert S. Berahas on Quasi-Newton methods.
- (Upcoming) I will give a presentation at the SIAM Conference on Optimization 2021, Spokane, WA
- (Upcoming) I will give a presentation at the SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering 2021, Fort Worth, TX
- (01/07/21) I successfully passed my Dissertation Research Proposal Defense! Thanks to my doctoral committee: Frank E. Curtis, Albert S. Berahas, Jorge Nocedal, Daniel P. Robinson, and Luis Nunes Vicente!
- (01/04/21) Our paper “Limited-Memory BFGS with Displacement Aggregation” has been accepted for publication in Mathematical Programming (joint work with Albert S. Berahas and Frank E. Curtis)
- (11/12/20) Presented in the session of “Nonconvex and Nonsmooth Optimization” at the INFORMS Annual Meeting 2020, National Harbor, MD
- (11/04/20) New paper out! “Manifold Sampling for Optimizing Nonsmooth Nonconvex Compositions” (joint work with Jeffrey Larson and Matt Menickelly)
- (08/24/20) I’m serving as the Vice-President of Lehigh INFORMS Student Chapter in 2020–2021 academic year
- (07/20/20) New paper out! “Sequential Quadratic Optimization for Nonlinear Equality Constrained Stochastic Optimization” (joint work with Albert S. Berahas, Frank E. Curtis and Daniel P. Robinson)
- (05/18/20) Started a summer internship under supervision of Jeffrey Larson and Matt Menickelly at Mathematics and Computer Science Division of Argonne National Laboratory.
- (10/22/19) Presented in the session of “Methods for Large Scale, Nonlinear and Stochastic Optimization — II” at the INFORMS Annual Meeting 2019, Seattle, WA
- (08/15/19) Presented in the session of “Nonlinear Optimization Algorithms” at the Modeling and Optimization: Theory and Applications (MOPTA) 2019, Bethlehem, PA
- (03/08/19) New paper out! “Limited-Memory BFGS with Displacement Aggregation” (joint work with Albert S. Berahas and Frank E. Curtis)
- (01/31/19) Our paper “A Self-Correcting Variable-Metric Algorithm Framework for Nonsmooth Optimization” has been accepted for publication in IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis (joint work with Frank E. Curtis and Daniel P. Robinson)