All technical sessions, registration, breakfast, and lunch take place in the Rauch Business Center on Lehigh’s main campus; see here for driving and parking directions.
You’ll find a variety of accommodation options in Bethlehem. Hotels Combined provides an accommodation price comparison search engine.
For further information on their conference rebate program and to claim your rebate directly please visit: http://www.HotelsCombined.com/Conference_Support.
You can start searching for your preferred hotel in Bethlehem here. In particular, here is a list of hotels close to the conference venue.
- Comfort Suites (120 W. Third Street, Bethlehem PA 18015; Phone: 610-882-9700): this business hotel is within walking distance from the conference venue. It is the primary hotel for the conference. Please call by July 20, 2013 to make your reservation and be sure to mention “MOPTA” to receive the discounted rate of $89 per night.
- Sands Casino Hotel (901 Daly Avenue, Bethlehem PA 18015; Phone: 877-726-3777): located only a few minutes away by car.
- Historic Hotel Bethlehem (427 Main Street Bethlehem, PA 18018. Phone: 1-800-607-2384 or 610-625-5000): located in the historic downtown of Bethlehem. The conference site is 5 minutes by car.
- Sayre Mansion Inn (250 Wyandotte St., Bethlehem PA 18015. Phone: 610-882-2100): a Bed & Breakfast with 19 antique filled rooms, located a 5 minute walk from Lehigh’s lower campus.
- Bethlehem Inn (476 North New St., Bethlehem PA 18018. Phone: 610-867-4985): A Bed & Breakfast within the historic area of Bethlehem, located within a five minute drive from the conference site.
- Morningstar Inn (72 East Market St., Bethlehem PA 18018. Phone: 610-867-2300): this urban mansion in the heart of downtown Bethlehem’s historic district has five guest rooms. It is five minutes by car from the conference site.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport – Allentown Area (3375 High Point Blvd., Bethlehem PA 18017. Phone: 610-882-2255): located near Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE), it is a five/ten minute drive from the conference site.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Bethlehem (2201 Cherry Lane, Bethlehem PA 18015. Phone: 610-838-6110): located along I-78, it is a ten minute drive from the conference site. (Please mention “Lehigh University” when making your reservation.)
- Hampton Inn Bethlehem (200 Gateway Dr, Bethlehem PA 18017. Phone: 610-868-2442): located along Route 22, it is a fifteen minute drive from the conference site.
Traveling to Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE): conveniently located about 7 miles North-West of Bethlehem, this airport provides connections to several cities in the US such as Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C., and many others.
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). Circa 73 miles East of Bethlehem, with bus service to Bethlehem.
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). 83 miles from Bethlehem. Bus service to Bethlehem is available at the 30th Street Station.
- LaGuardia International Airport (LGA). 94 miles from Bethlehem.
- J.F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). 103 miles from Bethlehem.
Bethlehem is serviced by Trans-Bridge Lines. There is a direct bus connection from New York City (Port Authority Bus Station), Newark Liberty Airport, and JFK airport. Click here for schedules and fares. The South Bethlehem bus terminal is steps away from the conference site.
- From Route 22: Take Route 378 exit in Bethlehem. Route 378 heads only south; continue for 3.6 miles and when you cross the bridge over the Lehigh River, stay in the left-turn lane, marked “Third Street.” Bear left at the traffic light for Third Street at the south end of the bridge; continue one block to the traffic light at Brodhead Avenue, and turn right.
- From Route I-78 East or West: Take the Hellertown/Bethlehem exit 67.
- From Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey: Take the Northeast Extension (Route 476) of the Pennsylvania Turnpike north.
Buses in Bethlehem
Public transportation in Bethlehem is run by Lanta. The buses connecting North Bethlehem (where many hotels are located) and the Lehigh University campus in South Bethlehem are line B, line F, and line G.
Further information can be found at Lehigh University’s Maps and Directions web page.
View MOPTA 2013 in a larger map